Sunday, May 20, 2012

500 Days of Lis... Day {1}


I bit my nails this morning for the first time in almost ten years. I didn't think the salty sweet taste of keratin would make me risk a $20 manicure, but I was nervous. I had never met anyone who spoke English AND wasn't in my immediate peer group for a very long time, so I was decidedly unsure if I was ready for a conversation that extended past "Yo Ma", and "Are your tits real?" I covered up my tits and didn't don an ounce of makeup. I purposely didn't wear my favorite leg warmers or forget to put on pants. I did, however, wear a sash around my waist as I popped downstairs to meet him. I wasn't going to completely hide my completely overt sparkly bitch attire.
Tall, fluffy, tattooed and no hint of sweetness except for the strawberry scent I smelled when he hugged me. This is new. I spent an entire existence looking for peers that had faerie wings, doe eyes and an ethereal calm, while being the size of giants. He is not. But he is cuddly.

No comments:

Post a Comment