Monday, June 21, 2010

The Mirror Reflection...

I stood in my mirror, naked, this morning looking at a complete stranger. I watched her blink twice and giggle at my frame while I stood there critiquing hers. I shook my head at the jet black curls that lay on her chocolate shoulders, messy and wondered why she hadn't trimmed that mess on her head. She looked at my arms cursing the scars on them usually hidden under my lab coat. I watched her lovingly grab her jelly roll smiling while she peeked haughtily at my now larger breasts. I blushed. She checked her pearly teeth and I licked at my chipped one.


Photobucket

Several minutes passed and deep breaths took me as I stood there. She was changing into something terrifying and she was enjoying it. I am unwilling to share in her delight. Honestly, I don't want to share in her evolution. I am frightened of any further transformation. I feigned my present mold by hiding under frumpy wares and keeping mirrors covered. My curls remain hidden only because I don't want anyone to see them untethered and wild. The few that have seen all of me, physically, or socially, either went mad, ran away screaming, or tried to commit my homicide. I prefer a more quiet existence, but shes dragging me along on her excursions shackled. I follow willingly and without question, because curiosity beckons me to keep staring at her progression in my mirror...

No comments:

Post a Comment